ON GOING RESEARCH WORKS IN THE VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS DURING 2014
Department of Physiology
- Dr. S. Anita Effectiveness of supplementing didactic lectures in Phusiology with intermittent sessions of discussions to improving understanding and academic performance year medical and paramedicat students a pilot study of 1st
- Dr. Anju Sreedharan- Thyroid hormonal status in pot menopausal women
- Dr. Ajith .A- Pulmonary function test and depression in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary
- Dr. Koushiki Mani- Prevalence of diabetic retinopathy in type II diabetes mellitus patients Disease (COPD) patients a cross sectional study attending Medicine outpatient department of Govt. TDMC, Alappuzha.
Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Comparative study between effect of Foleys Catheter and servi prime gel on cervical ripening and its further overcome on induction of labour-Dr. Divya.K., Dr. Nandhini.V.R.
- Umbilical card coiling index and its perinatal outcome- Dr. Preethi.C.V., Dr. M.G. Usha
- Study of Obstetric emergency reference in Govt.TDMC, Alappuzha- Dr. Nisha.V., Dr. lalithambica Karunakaran.
- Comparative study of maternal and fetal outcome in GDM diagnosed before and after 20 weeks of gestatton-Dr.Reshmi, Dr. Nandhini.V.R.
- Uterine artery Doppler in 11 to 14 weeks as a predictor of gestational hypertension- Dr. Nirpin, Dr. Lalithambica Karunakaran
- Maternal near miss a prospective study in Govt. TDMCH, Alappuzha- Dr. Deepika.K.V., Dr.B.Laila
- Role of USG biometry at 34 weeks of pregnancy in early detection of fetal growth restriction in low risk patients and role of Doppler in evaluating such growth restricted babies- Dr. Archana.K.O., Dr. Lalithambica Karunakaran
- Maternal and fetal outcome in preterm premature rupture of membranes- Dr. Jameela Divarium.M.V.
- Maternal and fetal outcome in Thyroid dysfunction to pregnancy ? Dr. Manju.V.K., Dr. Sathiamma.P.K.
Department of Microbiology
Research Works under ICMR- Sentinel Hospital Based Surveillance of Bacterial Meningitis in India Dr. Girija Mohan, HOD of paeidaitrics and Dr. Jayalekshmi, HOD of Microbiology.
Department of General Medicine
- Pattern of liver related complications in patients already documented to have alcoholic liver disease in the pat or newly detected with or without diabetes mellitus and their casual relationship-Dr. Anita.K.P. and Dr.B. Legha
- A study to find out clinical pattern if poisoning cases admitted to Medical College, Alappzuha over a period of one year with special reference to precipitating factors and preventive strategy-Dr. REnymol & Dr. T.K. Suma
- Albuminurus in predicting mortality and worse outcome in Leptospirosis-Dr. Ambili.N.R. & Dr. T.D.U. Kartha
- Migrane and Risk of Ischemic Stroke- Dr. Ambili.N.R. & Dr. T.D.U. Kartha
- Electrocardiographic changes in poisonings, envenomation and relationships to mortality, prognosis with particular reference to organophosphorous, odollam and snake bites-Dr. Meenu.M.T & Dr. Legha
- Drug non compliance prevalence and causes among patients undergoing re-hospitalization for cardiovascular disorders in a tertiary care teaching hospital- Dr. Meenu.M.T & Dr. Legha
- The role of fungai organisms in the development of nasal polyposis- a study series-Dr.K.V. Rajan & Dr.T.Santhi
- Incidence of sensorineural deafness in the young adult population- a random study
- A study of recurrence rate in post irradiated T and T2 carcinoma of larynx- Dr.K.V. Rajan & Dr.T.Santhi
- A co-relative study in monofilament and pedobarographic profile of type 2s more than five years duration and without clinical features suggestive of diabetic peripheral neuropathy-Dr. Santhosh.K.R.
Department of Biochemistry
- Validation of fetal fibromectin as a predictor marker of preterm labour Dr. Geetha Damodaran
- Reference Interval of Serum Cystatin Dr. Geetha Damodaran & Dr. N. Sreedevi
- Validation of Salivary Estril as a marker of predicting spontaneous preterm labour- Dr. Lalithambika Karunakaran & Dr. geetha Damodaran.
Department of Paediatrics
- Iron status in children with ADHD
- Follow up of LBW babies
- Evaluation of cardiac murmers in Newborn
- Anaemia prevalence in adolescent children in urban and rural schools
- Predictive value of cord bilirubin for hyperbilirubinumia in new borns
- Risk factors and clinical profile of wheeze associated lower respiratory infections in children
- Effect of addition of single dose of oral montelukast in Acute moderate asthma
- Prevalence of mental health problems in adolescent girls.
- Prevalence of hypertension in adolescent children
- Clinical profile of Hand, Foot, Mouth disease in children.
Department of Anatomy
Dermatoglyphics in Carcinoma Breast a case control Study-Dr. Dimple Natesan