Post accommodated by Dr.Raseeka karunakaran
DR. Anitha Madahvan
Dr. Syed Ali. A
Dr. Anjana Asokan
Dr. Raiga Karoucte
Dr. Bhagya Lekshmi
Conducted a CME on “EMERGING AND REEMERGING INFECTIOUS DISEASES” on 10th March 2012, at ‘Tele Medicine Hall, J Block MCH’, Alappuzha.
Research Project in the Department
Hospital Based Sentinel Surveillance for Bacterial Meningitis in India – (ICMR Project) – (from 1st March 2012).
The Clinical Microbiology Laboratory offers service in diagnostic bacteriology, mycology, parasitology, serology and mycobacteriology services. For bacteriology section, the lab is equipped with Vitek 2 automated instrument for identification and susceptibility testing. The service of automated Bact Alert system for blood culture (aerobic) is also available.
The State Reference Lab for HIV testing (NABL Accredited) also is under the administration of the Department. The SRL is also the Regional Reference Lab (RRL) for HIV-2 testing in Kerala.
The Department plays the key role in Hospital Infection Control Committee(HICC). Implementation of Infection Control practices, HAI surveillance and outbreak management are few of the activities of the Department in Hospital Infection Control Committee(HICC).
Working Time : 9 AM to 4 PM
Holiday : Sunday
Address : Department of Microbiology, GTDMC, Alappuzha.
|Name of the faculty||Qualification||IMR Number||Current Designation & Date of promotion||Nature of employment||Details of Service in the Last 5 years||Number of lectures taken/year.|
|Dr.Raji T K||MBBS, MD||21541||Addl Professor (CAP), 14.07.2019||Permanent||Associate Professor GMC, Kozhikode from 01.08.2015 to 11.07.2019, Addl Prof GTDMC, Alappuzha from 14.07.2019||45|
|Dr. Anitha Madhavan||MBBS, MD||30435||Associate Professor (CAP), 06.04.2017||Permanent||Assisstant and Associate Professor, GTDMC, Alappuzha from 06.04.2010 onwards||45|
|Dr. Greeshma Hareendranath||MBBS, MD||35164||Asst. Professor||Permanent||Assisstant Professor,GMC Idukki from 04.05.2015 to 28.12.2016 and GTDMC Alappuzha from 29.12.2016 onwards.||45|
|Dr. Parvathy V Das||MBBS, DNB||37982||Asst. Professor||Permanent||Assisstant Professor, GTDMC, Alappuzha||45|
|Dr.Chinnu Sajeev||MBBS, MD||42512||Asst. Professor||Permanent||Assisstant Professor, GTDMC, Alappuzha||45|
|Dr.Harisree S||MBBS, MD||46017||Asst. Professor||Permanent||Lecturer and Assisstant Professor, GTDMC, Alappuzha||45|
|Dr.Kiran T Jose||MBBS||39667||Lecturer||Permanent||GMC Manjeri, GMC Kottayam and GTDMC, Alappuzha||45|
|1. Publications by faculty should be attached as annexure.|
|2. Publications should be quoted in Vancouver referencing style.|
|3. Medical Educator Training/ research methodology and dates|
|*To be updated every new session/academic year|
|**To be updated on 1st October each year|
Dr. Raji T K
1. T.K R. A Study of Antibodies against Salmonella typhi and Salmonella Paratyphi in a Healthy Population. Journal of Medical Science And clinical Research. 2017;5(11).
2. T.K R. Speciation of Clinically Relevant Candida Isolates From a Tertiary Care Hospital. Journal of Medical Science And clinical Research. 2017;5(12).
3. T K R. Fluconazole Susceptibility of Candida Species. Journal of Medical Science And clinical Research. 2018;6(9).
1. Madhavan Anitha1;Balakrishnan,Sobha 2; Vasudevapanicker Jayalakshmi3 Antibiotic susceptibility pattern of Shigella isolates in a tertiary healthcare center. Journal of Laboratory Physicians:2018Apr-Jun; – 10(2). 140-144.
2. Madhavan, Anitha1,; Asokan, Anjana1; Vasudevan, Anu2; Maniyappan, Janeesh1; Veena, K1 Comparison of knowledge, attitude, and practices regarding needle-stick injury among health care providers, Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care: March 2019 – Volume 8 – Issue 3 – p 840-845
3. Madhavan A1, Sachu A2, Balakrishnan AK3, Vasudevan A4, Balakrishnan S1, Vasudevapanicker J1. Prevalence of hepatitis C among haemodialysis patients in a tertiary care hospital in south India. Iran J Microbiol. 2020 Dec;12(6):644-649
4. Sachu A,1 Madhavan A1, Vasudevan A2, Vasudevapanicker J1. Prevalence of dengue and leptospirosis co-infection in a tertiary care hospital in south India. Iran J Microbiol. 2018 Aug;10(4):227-232.
5. Madhavan A1, Sachu A2, Balakrishnan AK3, Balakrishnan S1, Vasudevapanicker J1. Prevalence of Anti-HBc Antibodies among HBsAg Negative Individuals and Its Association with Occult Hepatitis B. J Lab Physicians. 2021 Mar;13(1):1-5.
6. Madhavan A1, Palappallil DS2, Balakrishnapanicker J3, Asokan A1. Immune response to hepatitis B vaccine: An evaluation. Perspect Clin Res. 2021 Oct-Dec;12(4):209-215
7. Madhavan A1, Sachu A,2 Balakrishnan A3, Vasudevan A4, Balakrishnan S1, Vasudevapanicker J1. Comparison of PCR and phenotypic methods for the detection of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Iran J Microbiol. 2021 Feb;13(1):31-36
8. Madhavan A1, Jayalakshmi V2. Occurrence of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase, AmpC and MBLase producers among multidrug-resistant Enterobacteriaceae causing urinary tract infection in a tertiary health-care teaching hospital. J Acad Clin Microbiol 2016;18:80-5
9. Anitha Madhavan,Anjana Asokan.Comparison of phenotypic methods for ampc detection in gram negative isolates from a tertiary health care hospital:January 2018- Volume 7- Issue 1
10. Madhavan, Anitha, and Lathi Nair. Serological evaluation of infectious hepatitis in jaundiced patients in a tertiary care centre.Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences19 Sept. 2016,, vol. 5, no. 75, pp. 5550
1. Hareendranath G, Saldanha Dominic R M , Vishwas Saralaya. Clinicomicrobiological Study of Citrobacter Isolates From Various Clinical Specimens And Detection of Beta Lactamase Production – J of International Medicine and Dentistry 2015; 2(1): 36-46
2. Aiswarya Mukundan , Greeshma Hareendranath (2018) ‘Bacteriological Profile and Antibiogram of Blood Culture Isolates in A Tertiary Care Hospital in South India – A Retrospective Study’, International Journal of Current Medical And Pharmaceutical Research, 04(12), pp. 3924-3928.Retrospective Study on Bacteriological Profile and Antibiogram of Blood Culture Isolates in a Tertiary Care Hospital in South India
3. Hareendranath G, Mukundan A, Kunjappan SP. Fosfomycin susceptibility in multidrug resistant urinary Escherichia coli isolates. J Evolution Med Dent Sci 2021;10(07):414- 418, DOI: 10.14260/jemds/2021/92
Dr. Parvathy V Das
1. Das PV, Anukumar B, Balakrishnan S.Identification of Dengue Serotypes using a Single Serum Specimen Algorithm in a Tertiary Care Hospital, Alappuzha, Kerala, India.J Clin of Diagn Res.2020; 14(10):DC06-DC10.
1)Dr Chinnusajeev, DrSaritha.Netal.Study on aerobic bacterial etiology of chronic osteomyelitis after compound fractures in a tertiary care centre in south india.Journal of medical science and clinical research,Vol 06 Issue 04 April 2018.pgs 858-74
2)ChinnuS, Raveendran G,Joseph theodore RB. Penicillin resistant meningococci-causing post traumatic meningitis:A case report.JAcad Clin Microbioljan2014;vol 16: 40-1
3)Sajeev C, RajanR,Joseph Theodore RB.Candida Tropicalis isolated from a case of peritonitis. JAcadClin Microbiol2014; 16:35-7
4. T.K R, Narayanan D. Transfusion Transmissible Infections among Voluntary Blood Donors in a Tertiary Care Hospital, Kerala – A Cross Sectional Study. Journal of Evidence Based Medicine and Healthcare. 2021;8(29):2589-2594.
Name of Faculty
Medical Educator Training
Dr.Raji T K
June 21, 23 2012
May 13, 14, 15 2015
Dr Greeshma Hareendranath
January 9, 10, 11 2018
Cycle 4 2021
Dr.Parvathy V Das
Cycle 4 2021 Oct 23/24