Pass percentage : 95%
5 th position as per KUHS ranking
Total Teachers available in the Department
List of Non-teaching Staff in the department
Reserch Publications from the department during last 3 years
(Give only full articles published in indexed journals. No case reports or review articles be given )
- Serum Ferritin as a marker of Pre termlabour – Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2015 Jul.Vol 9(7) BC 09-BC12
- Alterations of Anthropometric, Lipid Profile and Oxidative Stress Parameters in Metabolic Syndrome. Suresh.S, Miriam Varkey, Supriya Simon, Monisha Santhosh, Geena Sara Mathew. Indian Journal of Applied Research; Volume 8, Issue I, January 2018; Pp 281-283.
Dr. Bindu. G
- A Study Of Serum Sialic Acid Levels In Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus And Its Relation To Lipid Parameters. Journal Of Evolution Of Medical And Dental Sciences.
- The Relationship Of High Sensitivity C Reactive Protein, Sialic Acid And Lipid Profile With Hypertension – Journal Of Evolution Of Medical And Dental Sciences.
- Micro Albuminuria Predicts Renal And Cardiovascular Dysfunction In Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus – Journal Of Evolution Of Medical And Dental Sciences.
- Micro Albuminuria An Integrated Marker Of Renal And Cardiovascular Risk In Essential Hypertension – International Journal Of Recent Trends In Science And Technology
- Apo lipoprotein B, Total Cholesterol, HDL-C, Non HDL-C, LDL-C and Triglycerides as Risk factors of Atherosclerotic Vascular disease: Geetha Damodaran K, Gilsa ES, MD, Andrews MA, Cibu Mathew,Jitty George, Ajith VL ISSN 2320-5407 International Journal of Advanced Research (2015), Volume 3, Issue 2, 814-819
- APGAR score and umbilical cord blood levels of Lactate and Creatinine in Perinatal asphyxia; Geetha Damodaran K1 , Gilsa E.S*1 , Varun.S, Janaki Menon2 and Parvathy R2 , Veena.P International Journal of Biomedical Research ISSN: 0976-9633 (Online)
- Serum Lipids and Apolipoproteins in Diabetic Retinopathy: A Case Control Study; Ajith V L1 Gilsa E S 2 Sudha V3 Pushpalatha M 4 Geetha Damodaran K5 M A Andrews6 IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS) e-ISSN: 2279-0853, p-ISSN: 2279-0861.Volume 14, Issue 2 Ver. IV (Feb. 2015), PP 70-73
- Lipid Profile in Female Breast cancer : A study from Kerala South India Pushpalatha M1, Smitha K S2, Gilsa E S2*, Nimi Bharathan2 ISSN 2320-5407 International Journal of Advanced Research (2015)Volume 3 Issue 5472-475
- Biochemical Profile in Diabetic Foot ulcer patients-A descriptive study from Kerala, Dr. Shibu T S1 , Dr. Smitha K S2 , Dr. Gilsa E S3, Dr. Ajith V L4 IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS) e-ISSN: 2279-0853, p-ISSN: 2279-0861.Volume 16, Issue 1 Ver. VIII (Jan. 2017), PP 57-59
Departmental General facilities
Total number of Laboratories in the department of Biochemistry
Central Research Lab
Whether it exists? Yes Located in the second floor of Biochemistry Annex
Administrative control:Department of Biochemistry
- Dr.Bindu.G-Profesoor of Biochemistry
- Mrs.Manumol-Lab Technician
Workload: Research Projects of Faculty members
- AnEpidemioligic study of Goitre in Females in an Iodine nondeficient coastal area of Kerala
PI-Dr.Karthika.M,AsstProfessor,Dept of Comminity Medicine-ICMR Funded
- Establishment of Reference intervals of Biochemical Parameters
Clinical chemistry lab in the hospital
LIST OF EQUIPMENTS
- Fully Auto Analyser – Beckman without ISE – 1 Rs. 55 Lakhs.
- Fully Auto Analyser – 200 – 300 through put Buyback
- Cold Centrifuge with head -1 Rs. 1.5 Lakhs
- Centrifuge (16 bucket capacity with head )– 8 Nos. Rs. 25,000/- per unit
- Weighing machine up to 5Kg.- Rs. 7,000/- per unit
- Common balance – 2 Nos.- Rs. 3,000/- per unit
- Colorimeter – Digital – 75 Nos. – Rs. 13,000/- per unit
- Microscope (Sada) – 2 Nos.- Rs. 10,000/- per unit